Depth of experience appearing before various boards, commissions and regulatory tribunals.
JSS Barristers has extensive experience in regulatory and administrative law, frequently appearing before various boards, commissions and regulatory tribunals, representing individuals, institutions, and national and multinational corporations in a wide variety of disputes involving natural resources, electricity regulation, professional discipline, securities regulation, privacy law and other matters. We have appeared as counsel in some of the most significant and complex commission and board hearings in Alberta, and have acted in judicial review applications and appeals from commission and board hearings before the Court of Queen's Bench, the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Additionally, many of the lawyers at JSS Barristers bring with them expertise from their previous experiences working in regulatory agencies and sitting on various regulatory tribunals. Their experience and expertise allow our lawyers to provide valuable insight that can prove to be beneficial to our clients.
- Alberta Environmental Appeals Board Hearings
- Alberta Department of the Environment Applications, Hearings and Appeals
- Alberta Securities Commission Hearings
- Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) and Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) Applications, Hearings and Appeals
- Disciplinary Hearings and Charges
- Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada Hearings
- Law Society Hearings
- Mutual Fund Dealers Association Hearings
- Regulatory Appeals and Judicial Reviews
- Regulatory Charges and Compliance