JSS Barristers has acted, and continues to act, as counsel in some of the largest and most complex corporate and commercial litigation matters in Alberta.
Our commercial litigation team includes a number of very experienced counsel, and we are particularly well placed to take on multi-party and document intensive cases, in light of our advanced litigation support systems, and moreover our ability to form flexible and efficient litigation teams to handle even the most complex tasks.
Our approach is practical with emphasis on cost effective services. Where mediation and other alternative dispute resolution techniques are appropriate, we will engage those processes in order to achieve the best possible result for our clients. In other cases, resolution through Trial will provide the client with the best outcome, and we will not hesitate to proceed in that way. We also have a great deal of experience in seeking and opposing various urgent and extraordinary remedies, such as injunctions, in various commercial contexts.
Our corporate and commercial litigation team is highly motivated and results oriented. We are focused on finding solutions that maximize value for our clients.
- Anton Piller Applications
- Asset Purchases
- Banking and Financing Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Litigation
- Business Purchases
- Collections, Enforcement and Asset Recovery
- Commercial Insurance Litigation
- Competition Litigation
- Complex and Multi-party Matters
- Contested Mergers and Acquisitions
- Contested Takeovers
- Contract Disputes
- Debtor and Creditor Law
- Derivative Actions
- Director and Officer Litigation
- Distribution and Agency Agreements
- Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Guarantee, Bond and Letter of Credit Disputes
- Joint Ventures
- Lease and Purchase Agreement Litigation
- Oppression Claims
- Partnership Disputes
- Patent and Trademark Infringement
- Proxy Contests
- Reorganizations and Restructuring
- Share Purchases